Glenda shared this Recipe for Malt Loaf
I went to bake it – No Tins.
So online to buy two loaf tins. (Actually mistakenly bought 2 pairs so if you want a pair please get in touch)
Then I’ve run out of Malt – so off to Holland & Barrett for a jar.
It was well worth the wait.
Here’s the actual recipe….
MALT LOAF RECIPE
150 mls hot strong tea
175g malt extract
85g dark brown sugar
300 g mixed fruit
2 large eggs
250g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bi-carb of soda
- Line 2 x 1lb loaf tins with greaseproof paper
- Heat oven to 150 conventional or 130 fan gas 2
- In a large bowl mix together hot tea, sugar, malt and fruit, stir well
- Add eggs
- Tip in flour quickly followed by bi-carb and baking powder
- Mix well and divide between tins
- Bake for 50 mins
- Cool in tins – Best left for 24 hours (If you can!)
- Cut a thick chunk – slap on some butter and ENJOY!
Many thanks to Glenda and the photographer who enjoyed it …